oh my, i keep changing the names, don’t i? once it was once upon a time a lovely artist, and now sponsor crush! but you have to agree with me that this is a much shorter name for a feature, and much better one as well! and this way it matches the sunday crush, where i highlight the news of a place for twiggs sponsors! so, with this explained let’s get going to our interview of the day, shall we? i’m sure you have noticed that since february there is a new sponsor on the blog, but i haven’t yet mentioned anything about it! well, today is the day!
there were a few delays, judy (the exquisite sponsor) had a few personal situations to deal, so it took us longer to have her introduced properly! so who is this judy girl? judy is a wedding-planner, she has created her brand momentus – lifetime events and her blog i do weddings as an inspirational wedding blog. she comes all the way from mozambique and all she wants is for people to be happy and make someone happy. she won a contest last year, where she had to plan the wedding of the year. and after this she really believed that she could, so she did… just as the quote says! and now let’s get to know judy a little bit more!
1. hello there! how are you feeling today? so, let’s pretend we don’t know each other… what can you tell us about yourself? i’m from mozambique, i was born in 1981 (the perfect 80′s), i live in portugal since 1994, i’m aries (really stuburn!), i’m a nice girl and really positive! the most common thing is for you to see me smile (editor’s note: it’s true!). i am patient, i love to dance, to have friends over, i love to cook and prepare each dish as if i was a real chef! i love to rollerblade, photography and faces with a story! i love sushi. i love to create and imagine each detail of an event… and the top love of my life right now is lucky, a little 4 months-old dog that i adopted and it’s a 1,5kg charm!
2. hum, very nice! when you think about your life and journey so far, what makes you proud? i feel that i was always faithful to myself and my values. i’m also proud of having been a ballerina, of organizing and choreographing some dance shows, and even to dance in expo98. i’m proud of the fact that i was a volunteer, of the fact that i was the best palop’s student of law school in 2007, of having given a christmas to those who didn’t have one, contributing with food, a tree, gifts and lots of love! and finally of having won the contest “wedding of the year” as the wedding-planner in 2011. and i just hope that a lot more good things are in the way, allowing me to grow and develop more skills!
3. do you know something… i will meet your best friend in a while… what could he/she say to me about you? well, she’ll certainly say that i’m a sweet-heart! afterall she’s my best friend! but as i’m a true believer that less is more, so i picked my best friends and they are like siblings, and people that actually do love me! our relationship is the best and i know that my best friend will say that i’m stuburn, and that if she needs me, she can be herself, because everything she’s say to me will won’t have any kind of judgment, but always with a very honest and positive approach.
4. imagine that it is 1985… what are you doing? well, i was 4 back in 1985, so i should be in the kinder garden in maputo, mozambique. i should be playing a lot with my friends on the street, i remember to walk with my parents along the main avenue and loving to play with my cousins, because i preferred to play with them, rather than alone. back in 1985 i was on this visual arts school for kids, but i really didn’t like drawing that much, i was much more into pottery. and i make my first audition for dance school!
5. in three words… can you describe me your blog? inspirational, loving and creative!
6. let’s say i love blogs and end up on your blog… what do you think will make me keep reading your blog? because everything is written with passion and i’m always really careful about the details. i think that you can notice that, when you read what i write, and for all those who are looking for inspiration for a dream event, my blog should inspire you in every way!
7. what would be your next step as a blogger? writing a post every single day, to think about daily features, to curate wedding ideas, create some others and to take pictures of them, to enrich the blog with innovative tips!
8. what is your favorite blog? claudia, i’ll be honest! i love your blog (editor’s really blushing as we speak!). it’s perfect, complete and delicious… i feel like i’m traveling when i’m here! and there are another two blogs that i love, kakopiko, because images are perfect, they are strong with passion, i feel like a kid again and to love every detail! and the last one, where i also lose myself a lot, doce para o meu doce, from a girl that is a sweet-heart herself and writes in a tremendous creative way, she has recipes and even charming stories!
i absolutely love these tables, the details, the colours and the light! the whole production was by judy and photographed by fabio azanha. so now that you know judy, you can pop to her loving blog (which by the way i designed) and hopefully you’ll feel inspired right away by the colours, and the delicate images and words! and if you want to become a sponsor too, drop me a line and we’ll discuss every detail of this! i can guarantee you that this will be a fabulous experience!